Focus on risk: stay ahead of disputes instead of reacting to them
In our last newsletter, we focused on ways to make the leap from paper to electronic processes – to better keep control over your project information as high construction season approaches. This month, we’ll include some resources to help you think proactively about managing project and program risk, starting with a CMAA webinar on Thursday, April 24th at 11 am PST.
Project and program risk is much easier to stay ahead of these days. Better insight into risk dependencies allows us to act faster on risk items, to avoid disputes altogether, or in the case of a claim, to minimize the pain and cost associated with resolving it.
Your project information (and the ability to retrieve and analyse it) is your best asset when it comes to a proactive risk management approach. Read on for EADOC client stories and best practice presentations available to help you prepare for the busy season ahead.
Eric Law, EADOC Founder and CEO
Blog: Get It Together To Avoid/Manage Claims
A collaboratively-produced project record is fundamental to reducing risk to budgets and schedules, and staying ahead of disputes or claims. Take a moment to remind yourself of these simple guidelines for proactively identifying risk – and acting on it quickly to keep project work moving forward. Read the blog.
Case Study: Mitigation Across 5 Funding Stakeholders
Many project teams find that two things lead to easy risk mitigation and cost savings: 1. A good process for capturing information early and often, and 2. Raising communication standards across all involved parties. Read the Provo Reservoir Canal Enclosure case study.
CMAA Webinar, Live Events And More – Join Us!
- April 29: Attend the “Moving to a Cohesive Visual Future” session at the Water and Wastewater CIO Forum.
- May 4-6: Join us as we sponsor and participate in the CMAA Capital Projects Symposium.
- May 13: Join EADOC and Aurora Water for an Expert Webinar: Best Practices in Program Information Management & Capital Investment.
- May 29: Register for a live webinar – “Focus on Claims: Proactive Measures to Prevent and Defend Against Claims” presented by Eric Law.
- May 14-16: Join us as we sponsor and participate in the COAA 2014 Spring Leadership Conference.
- September 27 – October 1: Join HDR, San Luis Obispo DPW and EADOC as they present “The Los Osos Wastewater Project: Calming the Storm” at the WEFTEC 87th Annual Conference.
Free User Training & Support Resources
Join our next free training session on May 16: Best Practices for Configuring and Tracking Project RFIs to Prevent and Defend Against Claims. Register now!
New And Noteworthy
Assemble Systems, Swinerton Builders and EADOC Awarded Top Prize at AEC Hackathon! Check out the press release.
- PC Construction Company has chosen EADOC to manage the upcoming $33M Harrisburg Waste Water Treatment Plant improvements.